LEXAR PARTNERS WITH TCGR AND FRANCHITTI
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lexar Partners with Target Chip Ganassi Racing and Dario Franchitti in Brazil
Primary Sponsorship on Franchitti’s No.10 Honda in Sao Paulo this Weekend
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 30, 2013) – Target Chip Ganassi Racing (TCGR) and Lexar announced today a continuation of their partnership that will see a primary paint scheme for the second-straight season on the No. 10 Honda of four-time INDYCAR Champion and three-time Indianapolis 500 Winner Dario Franchitti.
The No.10 Lexar Honda will debut this weekend in the Itaipava Sao Paulo Indy 300 on the streets of Sao Paulo on Sunday, May 5 (11:00 AM ET, NBC Sports Network).
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• Lexar. When Memory Matters.™: Lexar boasts one of the most comprehensive portfolios of high-performance, award-winning products in every major flash memory category, including memory cards, card readers, and USB flash drives. Lexar products are backed by outstanding customer support, industry-leading warranties, and an ever-expanding selection of products that are designed to meet the growing needs of quality-oriented customers. With more than 15 years of experience in the memory industry, the Lexar brand has long been synonymous with reliability and high performance.
• Franchitti at Brazil: In three career starts at Sao Paulo, Franchitti has two front-row starts, one pole, two top-five finishes and has led 30 laps. His pole at the 2.536-mile street circuit came in the inaugural 2010 event and his highest finish came in 2011 when he crossed the line fourth. Franchitti has participated in 69 street course races in his career, earning 11 victories, 12 poles, 25 podiums and 34 top-fives. He has completed 5,082 of the 6,000 laps run on street courses and has led 821 laps, or 13.6% of all the laps completed on street courses dating back to 1997.
• Career Numbers: Four-time IZOD IndyCar Series Champion (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011) and three-time Indianapolis 500 Winner (2007, 2010, 2012) Franchitti returns to TCGR in 2013 for his fifth season. Since joining TCGR in 2009, Franchitti delivered three consecutive IZOD IndyCar Series titles in four years, including two wins at the Indianapolis 500 (2010, 2012). He is one of only five drivers to win the Indianapolis 500 and the series title in the same season more than once. Franchitti is currently seventh on the all-time wins list (1909-2012) with 31 victories. With 88 podium finishes, he is tied with Al Unser Jr. and Bobby Rahal for fifth in the all-time list. By winning the 2012 Indianapolis 500, he became the 10th driver in history to win the race three times.
Saul Matthews, Worldwide Marketing Director, Lexar
• “The Lexar brand, Chip Ganassi Racing, and its all-star driver, Dario Franchitti, share the same success factors: superior performance, high speeds, and reliability. We are excited to once more join forces with this team and watch Dario drive his way to a winning season.”
Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams:
• “Lexar has been an integral part of the Target race program for over 10 seasons now. To have them continue their commitment to our team as a primary sponsor is a great sign that our partnership continues to deliver value to their company.”
Lexar is a global brand of Micron Consumer Products Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Micron Technology, Inc., one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world. Lexar products include industry-leading memory cards for photography and video, card readers, high-performance USB flash drives, and memory cards for mobile devices. Lexar products are available worldwide at major retail and e-tail stores, and at www.lexar.com. For more information or support, visit www.lexar.com.
About Chip Ganassi Racing Teams
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include three in the IZOD IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and one Daytona Prototype in the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series. Overall his teams have 15 championships and over 150 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400 and five Rolex 24 At Daytonas. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Brownsburg, Ind. and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Penn.
For more information log onto www.chipganassiracing.com